Thankful Thursday Link Up and a FACEBOOK FRENZY!!!!

I'm so glad that December is here!!!  It's one of my favorite months and I think that the main reason is I get a nice break to spend time with my own two kids and I love the festive feel: the music, the lights, the family and friends.  I know November is the time to be "Thankful" but I've always felt that, personally, I've always been more thankful in December.  I am incredibly blessed with amazing family and friends and I get to spend more time with them.

So, it's coincidental that Aileen Miracle start this Thankful Thursday Link-Up:

Here are a few things that I am thankful for:

1.  These three:
I adore these three people and am so incredibly blessed that they are the first three people I see in the morning and the last three I see every night.  They are incredibly understanding of how crazy the life of a music teacher can be!  I'm also incredibly thankful that Noah and Hannah go to my school.  I am thankful that I am able to have time to volunteer to teach music to preschool to Hannah's class in the morning and that my planning time coincides with Noah's lunch time.  I love seeing them throughout times of the day that, with any other school or job, wouldn't be possible.  And my husband, he's my best friend and everyday inspires me to be a better person.

2.  I'm thankful for my AMAZING students, families, staff and school.  The families I work with are so supportive. My colleagues are the BEST teachers and I'm so honored to work with them and to have them teach my own children.  Here's a little example: because of the amazing support of our families we had a very successful holiday wreath fundraiser (we raised just shy of $3,000) and I was able to take the top sellers out to limo lunch yesterday:
It was so much fun spending time with the students, not in the music room or at school but just celebrating and riding in high style!

3.  I'm thankful for the amazing networking that we all have access to.  Because of  blogs, Facebook and Twitter we are all more connected and it makes it so easy to share ideas on how to better our pedagogy, learn new ways to do things and get more ideas for our classrooms.  I have been blessed this last 1.5 years with this blog.  I love the comments that are left on posts, I love the collaboration with other bloggers and the way my teaching has improved because of other amazing teachers sharing their ideas.

Speaking of technology, I have recently collaborated with a group of teachers on Facebook for a Music Teacher Facebook Frenzy.  You won't want to miss this great opportunity to get some free files (about 16) to use for your classroom!

Here's a preview of my Freebie, it's a Winter Themed Beat Strip Collection (similar to my best selling Regular & Thanksgiving Beat Strip Sets).  

Here are couple examples of the beat strip cards:



And here are couple of the composition & diction mini-cards:


There's also the full size composition cards.  This product will be available for FREE during the Facebook Frenzy tomorrow through Sunday and then will be available in my Teachers Pay Teachers store for $5.00 after the Frenzy, so grab it now for free!  All you have to do is "like" my Facebook page, if you dont' already.

Simply click on the blue penguin picture:


Then, make sure to follow the frenzy all the way through for more freebies!  Aileen Miracle and Lindsay Jervis are also participating in addition to many other talented and creative music teachers!

So, there you have three of the things that I am thankful for today.  I am also incredibly thankful for all of my readers and TpT customers/followers.  This has been a very fun year, starting my teachers pay teachers store and receiving all your amazing and valuable feedback.  It's always so much fun to hear how my products are being used in your classrooms!  Thank YOU so much for all your support and postive feedback!  Thank you for connecting with me! :)

a Kodaly inspired blog Amy Abbott Colorado music elementary teacher ideas files downloads
music a la abbott music education teacher resources teaching elementary kodaly musical concepts teachers pay teachers amy abbott musicalaabbott.comhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-A-La-Abbott/140312909479829?ref=hl

4 comments

  1. Thanks so much for linking up, and for the shout-out, Amy! :) Looking forward to this frenzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! I'm so excited to grab your freebie tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete