Rockin' Resources!

Hi friends!  I've been meaning to blog.  Really, I have- I was going to blog earlier this week and title it "Frantic Fall".  Between teaching, my kids' swim lessons, soccer, basketball and piano lessons and then creating resources for my classroom and TpT store it's been busy.  PLUS I had the honor of presenting in Lubbock for the AMAZING Kodály music teachers and Texas Tech students down there!  It was so much fun!  So, it's been really busy.  I have four more student performances in the next week and a half and then I hope things settle down!

But I did want to let you all know about the HUGE Cyper Monday and Tuesday sale that will be going on at TpT starting tomorrow!  Make sure to use the code "TpTCyber" when you check out to get the additional savings!


In honor of the Cyber-Sale I'm hosting a "Rockin' Resources" Linky Party!  If you're a blogger, I'd love for you to link up!  Simply blog about the following three things: one of your resources and how you use it in the classroom; a resource from another TpT seller that you use in your classroom and a resource from a TpT seller and how you use it to create things for your classroom.  Include the followin image in your blog post and link it back to this blog post:

Alright, here are some resources that I'm super excited about.

1.  First, here's a product from my TpT store.  If you know me, you know I LOVE my Broncos (which, by the way, are you following my Facebook page?  If not, I've been known to do random flash freebies when the Broncos are playing well!).  My students are also big football fans so I've made resources that tailor to their interests in a way to engage them in practicing melodic and rhythmic elements.  A new set of files this year are my Kicking Practice files.  Here's a peek at the melodic set:

First, the students select a football. 

Then they'll see either a stick or staff notation.  This is the stick notation with note heads from the re set (m-r-d patterns only).

If they read it correctly they see this image:

If they read it wrong they see this image:

As a way to extend the activity I used some "football note heads" that I made from a stick eraser that I got at the school book fair.  In the picture below you can see the long eraser and then using a kitchen knife I cut it into small pieces.

From there I put 16 in a baggie and passed them out to the kiddos with a small staff that I made.  This time when we played it in addition to singing the stick notation solfa they also had to write it on their staff.  This stick to staff activity also served as a formative assessment for me to know who could make the transfer of stick solfa onto the staff.

Another day they worked in teams as a way to promote peer teaching.  In the photo below you see a button.  This is my new wireless "Eggspert".  With each member of the team having their own staff and set of note heads, the students had to write the pattern that they saw from the PDF on their staff.  As soon as EVERYONE on their team had the pattern written they could "ring in" on the Eggspert to have their answer checked:

I found this really helped the students that were struggling.  We all know that students have an amazing way of helping teach each other!

Finally, here's a close up of the staff and footballs.

2.  Here are some resources by other music teachers that I'm excited about:

Sara Bibee has a BRAND new file out of Winter Music Activities.


I'm so excited because I got a sneak peek and this file looks A.MAZ.ING!!!!  There are worksheets for rhythm, dynamics, the bass & treble clefs and there are some coloring pages that can be used as an assessment, to send home with students or to leave with a sub so that the students have musical practice while you're gone.

Sara also has tons of Composer sets!  I can't wait to stock up on the ones that I don't have yet!  They are great for bulletin boards but more importantly, teaching facts about composers, including works that they are famous for!

Two of my dear friends and colleagues at CSU also have some amazing new files out!
Tanya LeJuene has a new set of Santa's Hat Post Office games.  I can't wait to get this one to use with my 3rd graders:

I was super excited when I saw Karla Cherwinski posted this file today:
I've never used a write the room before and I can't wait to try it with my 2nd graders!  She also posted some new Nutcracker Koosh Ball files for those of you that have SMART boards! :)

3.  Finally, there are lots of clipart files that I'm super excited about.  Of course, I LOVE all things Krista Wallden and Graphics from the Pond!  But I was super excited when I saw that Kelly Benefield has a new Border Hoarder set out!!!

If you have a blog and would like to link up, here's the info:










a Kodaly inspired blog Amy Abbott Colorado music elementary teacher ideas files downloads
music a la abbott music education teacher resources teaching elementary kodaly musical concepts teachers pay teachers amy abbott musicalaabbott.com

5 comments

  1. Thanks so much for the linky party! What a creative way to use those football erasers by cutting them! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aileen!!! You know me and my manipulatives!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the awesome link party and the shout out to my Santa Hat Post Office! Thanks to you and Aileen, I've blogged twice this month- unbelievable! Those football erasers are fun- I always think of you when I'm slicing up stick erasers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the linky! I keep eyeing my own kids' erasers now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and so excited to have participated in my first linky party! I've discovered a lot of new stores that I can't wait to peruse. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete